Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wild AND Crazy Announcements

I'm getting so many wild and crazy submissions for This PDF Chapbook that I think I'm going to make the series bi-weekly. So if you have a really great collection of poems or a short story or whatever genre thing that you've been thinking about sending . . . now is the time. I mean, like, NOW, baby, because in two weeks it's back to school for me and I'll be reading slower.

And if anyone wants to get into the bookselling business, he or she can sell LIGHT BOXES to their friends or door to door. I think this is a great way to break into the business. See if you got the chops for it by just focusing on the sale of one book.

Contact me at adam at publishinggenius and I will sell you books at 60% of the Pre-Order price (this is a really good deal). Then you can turn around and sell them for a profit of $7.75 per book. I'm extending this offer to anyone who buys 6 books or more. And the price per book will drop based on how many you buy.

I don't know how long this offer will last. What I'm saying is for <$45 you can get 6 copies of Shane Jones's book LIGHT BOXES and sell them. Say you sell three of them you pretty much make your money back. If you sell five of them and keep one you make $15.50 and have a copy you can keep on your mantle as the book that started you on your bookselling career.

If you want you can schedule readings for yourself and read from LIGHT BOXES (please credit Shane Jones when you do) and sell the books at the readings. If you do this, please let me know ahead of time and I will help publicize your reading.

If you are one of the many gorgeous people who already pre-ordered one copy, I will allow you to buy five more copies at the same total price, so you'd only have to pay ~$33 for five more books. Or email me (at adam at publishinggenius) and we can work out something even better.

Why am I doing this? First of all, because your current job is really lousy and I want you to find more satisfaction in your life. Don't just exist, you know? Work for yourself! Get a boat! Also, I'm doing this because our economy has gotten outta hand with all the corporate globalization and Sam Zell and Barnes & Noble knocking out the little guys. I mean, let's take back the streets! This is our economy! Human decency!

Huh? Huh?

In Michael Kimball's story about the life of Tao Lin, we are given this line: "Everything is just some thing that Tao does."

2 comments:

Michael Kimball said...

I would like to host a reading with Shane Jones. How about February 21st in Baltimore. Can you make that happen? I'll get some other people to go with him, maybe Blake Butler and Rahne Alexander. That would be pretty good.

Adam R said...

Great idea Michael. Thanks for asking. Let's make it happen.

Hey people,

Come see Shane and Blake and Rahne read on Saturday Feb 21 at 5pm at Minas, whaddayasay?

Bring $$ for books what huh

The blog of Adam Robinson and Publishing Genius Press