Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sense and Sensibility

Last night I watched Sense and Sensibility and liked it. The only Jane Austen book I ever read is Northanger Abbey. I liked it, too. But I don't think I'll ever read her books again. I'm only going to watch her stories on video. I can save a lot of time this way, and the adaptations seem pretty reliable.

When I was watching Sense and Sensibility last night, I kept thinking, "Oh man, this is good." (I also thought, "I should 'tweet' something about this.")

I think the movie The Wedding Planner, with Jennifer Lopez, is also very good. Seriously, things that handle love issues with even a little bit of depth always seem good to me, and worthwhile.

There are only a few things worth writing about: love, death and Heidegger's thrown-ness. Anything that isn't oriented toward one of these three issues is bad and largely responsible for the high rate of illiteracy in the US.
The blog of Adam Robinson and Publishing Genius Press