Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Apropos of Nothing, or an Easter reflection


The day my grandfather died I was in China with some friends. It was Chinese New Year. Some of my friends went out to see a parade and some stayed back with me and said nice things. Then we went for a walk and brought along the football. We stopped to toss it around in a park and within a few minutes 500 people gathered around to watch the Americans at sport. It was overwhelming to be the center of attention with a tear-streaked face.

4 comments:

BLAKE BUTLER said...

i appreciate this photo and text greatly

Joseph Young said...

this pic is like some kind of fairytale.

Adam R said...

Thanks my friends Joseph and Blake.

Adam R said...

it really is fairytale-ish, with the arch in the back and the way the sun hits, and other things like the people I guess.

Almost everyone in China is Chinese.

The blog of Adam Robinson and Publishing Genius Press