Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Road Trip Summary

After we read against each other on Apostrophe Cast, Joe and I went on a road trip. On the way down we had Outback Steakhouse. We stayed in a Super 8. At one point Joe said, "I'm glad I don't have a TV." The next day, we arrived in Savannah.

Thanks to Christine Sajecki, who did the cover of Easter Rabbit, and who is hilarious, for hosting us. It was a lot of fun. The first thing we did when we got there was take two dogs to Animal Control. They were sad strays. After that, everything we stopped at Target and I got underwear.

Here's a pic I took of Savannah:

Here's one of me and Joe and the gross, gross ocean near Savannah:

At the ocean, Joe and Christine made fun of pictures of birds. They made fun of the bird's names.

I went to Flannery O'Connor's house. Well, it was nice. Joe and I read at Atwell's, an art and frame place. Brandi Wells came out for it. Super awesomeness.

Later we found ourselves in Atlanta. In Atlanta, Blake took us to this place:


Where I ate this:

Things got out of hand and I felt maybe a little under the weather the next day. But still major massive thanks to Amy McDaniel, Blake Butler, and Jamie Iredell for hosting us. We did a reading at Amy's house which was comfortable and fun. Amazing food (not pictured) and salon-style evening reading. It was nice to meet James Yeh and Alexis Orgera. The new Gigantic is printed awesomeness.

On the way home we ate at Dad's Diner. In Virginia Joe said, "Joseph Young Nice 3451." And that was that.

3 comments:

Brian Foley said...

"the gross gross ocean" made me pig snort

Laura Ellen Scott said...

Welcome back. Your pictures are interesting, more like suggestions than documentation. What's the dark clot on the plate?

Pet & Gone said...

i swim in that ocean sometimes.

The blog of Adam Robinson and Publishing Genius Press