Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Thank You Series [now with costumes!]

[denim hat, sunglasses, bandana, wild wig, flannel shirt, cardigan sweater, tie, dress shirt, sailboat tee, orange jersey, slacks, orange shorts]
Thank you, Baltimore!
We love you!

...

[bandana, wild wig, flannel shirt, cardigan sweater, tie, dress shirt, sailboat tee, orange jersey, slacks, orange shorts]
Thanks for nothing, you know what I’m saying? It’s not easy pitching like this, back and forth, watching you people walk past me, ignore me for your examples of health and heart. Jeepers-has-a-cricket, I’m saving up for some wind and all you got to spare is a duck's foot for a wag?

...

[cardigan sweater, tie, dress shirt, sailboat tee, orange jersey, slacks, orange shorts]
Thank you for this opportunity to defend my arguments. As you know, I have long suffered attacks on my character, my methodology, and - har har - on the ancient cherry tree in my front yard – but I defy you to name one coherent objection to my theories? And so it is with the firmest confidence that I leave you with this.

...

[tie, dress shirt, sailboat tee, orange jersey, slacks, orange shorts]
Thank you!
I am cowed by the trust you as a nation have placed in me.
When I was a boy on a farm
In a town
By the river
That lead into the factory
From which trucks backed out
Onto cobbled roads
In Boston
With the lobster backs
On Easter.

...

[sailboat tee, orange jersey, orange shorts]
Thaaank you. It’s not what I always wanted, but it’s nice. They’ve got the new pirate ship at the store, with the little men and all the, all the canons, and the crow's nest. But this is nice. What is it?

...

[orange jersey, orange shorts]
Thank you, but, man, I just cannot take all the credit. We try to go out there as a team and we hope, we’re just grateful to have the greatest fans in the country,
baby, we’re just glad to go out there everyday and try our hardest.

No comments:

The blog of Adam Robinson and Publishing Genius Press